2.05.2008

New Shoes

I bought myself some new shoes the other day. Bought isn't really the right word for it though, as I was using the credit from a return, otherwise known as Catch and Release Shopping. The shoes are Converse low tops, and the are electric blue. Actually, they are kind of turquoise-y. Electric turquoise-y blue. A color that is usually reserved for Muppets or children's clothes. Even as I was buying them, I knew I was dating myself. It is nearly as inadvisable to for a 35 year-old to wear the same style shoes she wore in high school as it is to wear the same hairstyle or lipstick. Although, I did wear the same lipstick from high school up until it was discontinued 2 years ago. It was Rum Raisin and I still have a nearly empty tube somewhere in case I ever am at one of those custom-color blending cosmetic places. Anyway, I don't care. The shoes make me happy. 


No comments: